How do I find reliable, experienced electricians in Sydney?
Qualities to look for in reliable, experienced electricians in Sydney
Regardless of whether you need a Sydney-based electrician for a residential or commercial job, finding one that is both capable and reliable can be really difficult. With so many contractors out there, you can begin to feel ‘electrician-overload’!
Faraday Group have put together a handy list of what we believe are five of the most important qualities to look for in reliable, experienced electricians in Sydney. And when it comes to reliability and experience, there’s no better option than Faraday Group.
With over 65 years of commercial and residential expertise in and around Sydney, we have established ourselves as a company you can rely on.
Why a reliable and experienced electrician is so important
When it comes to electrical work, you want to ensure that you’re hiring not just an electrician who is highly experienced, but also reliable! Why is this so important? Let’s look at the alternative: an inexperienced electrician might not show up on time, do shoddy work, or even worse, leave your property in a dangerous state. That’s why it’s crucial to find reliable, experienced electricians in Sydney who are skilled as well as trustworthy. They will not only ensure that the job is done correctly, but also give you peace of mind knowing that your property is safe to live or work in.
Five essential qualities to look for in a reliable electrical service provider
Here are the five qualities you should look for when looking to hire reliable, experienced electricians in Sydney:
- Expertise is absolutely crucial. A good electrician has the skills and knowledge to handle any electrical project.
- Reliability is key. You want an electrician who will show up when they say they will and complete the job on time, with no hidden costs. Faraday Group is happy to provide a free quote for the work they do.
- Professionalism should never be overlooked! A good electrician will communicate effectively, provide transparent pricing, and offer excellent customer service.
- Safety should be a top priority. A capable electrician will prioritise safety protocols and ensure that your property is in safe hands. They will have all the necessary qualifications, licences and insurance to ensure their work is up to all Australian safety standards.
- Reputation really matters. Look for reviews and recommendations from previous customers to ensure you’re hiring a reputable electrician. Why not take a look at our ratings and reviews, they’ll tell you more about our work ethic and experience.
Faraday Group ticks all these boxes, making them a great choice for all your commercial or residential electrical needs.
How do you vet potential electricians?
Do your research! Start by asking friends and neighbours who have had a great experience with electricians in the area. You can also check online review platforms and websites to read feedback from previous customers.
Don’t ever feel you shouldn’t ask an electrician to verify their credentials, licences, and insurance to ensure they are industry-qualified. To check their credentials, make a note of the following information:
- Licensee name
- Licence number
Then go online to cross-check that what they’ve provided is valid.
A really professional electrician will be more than happy to provide this information without question. If you come across a sparky that hesitates, or starts to make excuses as to why they can’t provide you with the information you ask for, walk away!
Ask for a quote, timing and availability before the job starts
Get a quote before making a decision and ask about their availability and estimated turnaround time for the job. A reliable, professional electrician will be happy to provide this information without stalling.
It’s important that your electrician starts the job when they say they will, and finishes within the agreed timeline (unforeseen circumstances notwithstanding).